2016 Manila Science entrance exams: 2016 Manila Science High School Admission Test (MSAT)
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn a small commission. Thank you for your support.
Announcement/Update 2: Applications for the 2017 Manila Science Admissions Test will be accepted from November 7, 2016 until January 13, 2017. Click for more details about the 2017 Manila Science entrance exams application process.
Announcement/Update1 : The Manila Science Entrance Exams 2016 Results are out. Check out this post to see the results of the 2016 Manila Science Admissions Test (MSAT).
The Department of Education, Division of City Schools, Manila has released Memorandum No. 437, dated September 29, 2015, concerning the Administration of the 2o16 Manila Science High School Admission Test (MSAT). You may access the memo through this link on the DepEd Manila website. I am reprinting the contents of the said memo below:
- The application for the 2016 Manila Science High School Admission Test (MSAT) will start on November 9, 2015 and will end on January 8, 2016. Application for the MSAT will be entertained only during school days, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., by duly designated members of the administrative staff at the Records section of Manila Science High School. Application requests will not be entertained during Christmas vacation.
- Applicants must have the following qualifications:
a. A candidate for graduation of any government-recognized elementary school;
b. Not over 13 years of age at the opening of of the School-Year 2016-2017;
c. Must have a grade of at least 85% in Mathematics, Science, and English subjects, and a grade of at least
83% in all other subjects for the First and Second Grading Periods (Grades in the succeeding grading
periods lower than the aforementioned grade qualification is a ground for disqualification); and
d. Possesses good moral character and in good health.
- The MSAT permit will be issued to the applicant’s parent or guardian upon presentation of the following requirements:a. Certified true copy (with school seal) of Form 138 reflecting the First and Second Grading Period grades,School Year 2015-2016;
b. Certificate of Good Moral Character (with school seal) signed by the school principal;
c. Two 1″ x 1″ ID pictures in school uniform and with name tag; and
d. NSO birth certificate (original and photocopy)
- Applicants have to take a qualifiying written examination which consists of five parts:Part I: Aptitude Test in Mathematics
Part II: Aptitude Test in Science
Part III: English Proficiency Test
Part IV: Problem-Solving Test in Mathematics and Science
Part V: Critical Thinking
- Date of examination is on January 23, 2016 at Manila Science High School testing rooms and time of
examination are reflected in the MSAT permit. The testing rooms and list of names of the applicants shall be posted a day before the examination. No MSAT Permit, No Test rule shall be strictly observed. School ID shall be requested for verification purpose by the room examiner.
- The names of the Top 250 scorers will be posted on the bulletin board of the school on April 11, 2016 and can
be downloaded from the official website of Manila Science High Schooll (manilascience.edu.ph).
- The following graduates of public and duly-recognized private elementary schools in Manila who take the
MSAT will be given admission privilege with a certification from the principal of the school concerned stating the honors received and the total number of graduating students.a. Valedictorian and Salutatorian of Public and Private Elementary Schools in Manila with 300-above graduates.
b. Valedictorian and Salutatorian of Public and Private Elementary Schools in Manila with 3-4 classes or
- MSAT qualifiers will undergo physical examination to be conducted by the school physician and then followed
by the interview of the administrative staff, the date of which will be announced or to be posted later.
- MSAT passers who fail to enroll within the announced enrollment period shall be replaced by those who are
next in rank.
- All provisions of previous memoranda/circulars inconsistent with the provisions of this Memorandum shall be
- Wide and immediate dissemination of this Memorandum to all concerned is desired.