Manila Science Entrance Exam 2020 : Guidelines for the Manila Science Admissions Test 2020
The application for the 2020 Manila Science High School Admissions Test (MSAT) for all incoming Grade 7 students start on November 4, 2019 and will end on January 10, 2020.
Applications for the MSAT shall be entertained only during school days from 8:00AM to 4:00PM by duly designated members of the Administrative Staff at the Registrar’s Section of Manila Science High School. Application requests shall not be entertained during Christmas vacation.
Date of examination is on January 25, 2020 (Saturday) and will be conducted at the Manila Science High School.
Guidelines and requirements for submitting an application to take the 2020 Manila Science High School Admission Test (MSAT) are as follows:
- A candidate for graduation of any DepEd-recognized elementary school;
- Not over 13 years of age at the opening of the School Year 2020-2021;
- Must have a grade of at least 85% in Mathematics, Science, and English and other related subjects, and a grade of at least 83% in all other subjects for the First and Second Quarters/Grading Periods. Grades in the succeeding grading periods lower than the aforementioned grade qualifications are grounds for disqualification; and
- Possesses good moral character and must be physically and mentally fit.
In addition, qualified applicants should secure and prepare the following requirements for submission:
- Certified True Copy (with school seal) of Learner’s Progress Report Card, reflecting the grades for the First and Second Quarters, for School Year 2019-2020 (Applicant must present a letter from the school if implementing the international calendar and/or trimester);
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (with school dry seal) signed by the school principal;
- Three (3) 1″ x 1″ ID pictures in school uniform and with name tag (Surname, First Name, MI) ; and
- PSA/NSO birth certificate (original and photocopy)
NOTE: Only complete requirements (1 to 4) will be entertained by the designated Administrative Staff: Applicants are advised to visit the MSHS Administration Office during school days from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM except during the holiday break.
5. Applicants have to take a qualifying written examination which consists of four parts:
Part I: Aptitude Test in Critical Thinking and Mathematics
Part II: Aptitude Test in Critical Thinking and Science
Part III: English Proficiency Test
Part IV: Problem-Solving Test in Mathematics and Science
The date of examination is January 25, 2020 (Saturday) and will be conducted at the Manila Science High School.
6. No MSAT Permit, No Test Policy shall be strictly observed. School ID card shall be required for v erification purposes by the room examiner.
7. The names of the Top 280 Passers with the corresponding date of the interview will be posted on the bulletin board of the school and in the MaSci Website on March 31, 2020.
8. Recipients of Academic Excellence with Highest Honors from Public Elementary Schools in Manila will be given Admission privilege upon submission of a certification from the School Head that he/she graduated with the Highest Honors among the graduates of the school.
9. MSAT Qualifiers shall be interviewed and be given schedules of school activities. Likewise, they shall undergo laboratory examination (x-ray, urinalysis, and stool) in any government or private hospital/clinic and to submit results to the MaSci clinic for physical examination.
10. MSAT passers who fail to enroll within the announced enrollment period shall be replaced by those who are next in rank.
For further inquiries, applicants may call the MSHS at (02)525-6197 or contact the Manila Science High School Supreme Student Government’s Facebook Page.