Getting a reduced travel tax certificate at the TIEZA Makati office

You may also like...

47 Responses

  1. Meg says:

    Hi! Who are eligible to avail the discount? My family will travel to japan for tour. Can we apply for exemption? Thanks.

  2. euwenda says:

    hi! is there any possible way to refund my travel tax since i got offloaded. i misplace the original receipt and i cant find it. no officer in terminal 1, travel tax booth assist me. on what to do. even the staff of the tigerair where i checkin, no one is assisting me.

  3. Flor says:

    do birth certificates, marriage cert and OeC of husband need to be presented po at the tieza counter sa airport po? thank you po.

  4. Ann says:

    Hi. Can i request tax exemption certificate at the airport on the day of my departure? I do not have time to go to their office in Makati. Thank you.

  5. ollen says:

    hi our flight is on april 30, can i pay our travel tax before the date of departure? or is it required to pay on the date of our ticket? thank you.

  6. Roger uy says:

    Is there a senior discount for the travel tax and terminal fee?

  7. Carra says:

    Hi wala po ba hassle if I request for the tax exemption certificate sa airport po same day sa araw ng pag travel?

    • admin says:

      No hassle at all. Just the extra time you’ll have to set aside to stand in queue to the TIEZA counter. The queue is longer at Terminal 3 than at the other Terminals.

  8. Carra says:

    Uhm have you tried it online po?

  9. Ezie says:

    Hi, I am qualified for a reduced travel tax since my hubby is an ofw. Is applicable to any arrival country?My husband is in Malaysia and we will be having our Morocco trip soon.. I have read an article na applicable lang sya kung san ng wowork ang husband mo for (spouse dependent) since connecting flight lang ako d ako dadaan ng Malaysia.. is it true? or khit saan bnsa as long as your spouse is an ofw qualified ako for reduced travel tax.. thanks

  10. Rina says:

    Thank you so much. This is very informative. I’m not sure if you could answer my question but I’m dual citizen. (Phil. Passport and German passport holder). I studied here in the Phil. But since I stayed about 4 years and going back to Germany this June. I’ve to pay the travel tax but is it still possible for me to apply the travel tax exemption at the airport on the day of my departure?

  11. Wala ba utak gorbyerno natin? And matitipid mo lang sa reduce travel tax is around P800 and yet ang hinahanap nilang requirements are original passport, original birth certificate, OEC certificate, my autheticated pa ha? di nyo ba alam magkano lahat yan mga BOBO?.

    Magkano magagastos mo mga bobong requirements tapos P800 lang ang discount? pamasahe mo pa at pagkain pagpunta dun? magkano ang mtitipid mo P300?


  12. Mark Padilla says:

    Hi good day.i purchased our ticket online with my nephew (6 yrs old) travelling with me.what’s the best thing to do?

    -should i get a travel tax reduced certificate in TIEZA office ahead of time or,
    -should i get the reduced travel tax on the airport before we arrive?


  13. Haydie Ibe says:

    Hello. Should i have to get travel tax exemption certificate(10 months old) first before purchasing the air ticket? I’m not the one who will purchase our air ticket so how to let him know that our baby have tax exemption? Thank you.

  14. Sallie says:

    Hi po, may i ask if i can pay for my sister kc busy po sya? Thank you po 🙂

  15. John Christensen says:

    Hi, Please can I ask how the travel tax process works at the airport. Flying from Manila. We have purchased ticket through Air Asia, and purchased travel tax included in the ticket price. We don’t have checked bags, so we will use online check-in and go direct to gate.
    Where do we have to show that travel tax has been paid…passport control?
    How would we show that travel tax has been paid… something on the boarding pass?
    Just thinking its not really saving time if we still have to queue at check-in when we don’t have to

  16. Angel says:

    Hello, I’m an ofw in China, I just wanna know if my kids are entitled for the privileged travel tax? I’m confused because whenever we travel abroad, they made them pay for the reduced travel tax instead of privileged. Or are they really not entitled to that?. Confusing…

  17. Jayvee says:

    Hi, I’ll be traveling with my two 7-year old sons in February 2018. I am very busy and I don’t have time to go to teiza makati office. Can I just apply for the reduced travel tax certificate at the airport on the same day of our departure? Have you already tried it? If so, was it easy? Thank you.

  18. Rachel says:

    Hi. I am on a long term visa and married to a Malaysian. Currently working with work endorsement on my passport. Were back in the Philippines for holiday. Am i excempted for travel tax? Thank you

  19. Jay Marie says:

    Hi pwede po ba magpapakuha nang travel tax to other people kasi malayu kasi kami sa airport? Kasi need kasi siya sa requirements for cruiseship kasi sasampa aq sa barko nang bf ko po. Need lang kasi tnx

  20. Sheyl Abanto says:

    Good day po admin
    Ask po ako ng questions
    Magpaflight po kami sa april 12 2pm cebupacific po..
    At may 2 infant po ako twins po sila 1yrold po ang age nila
    Panu po ako magaapply para sa tax exepmtion nila?
    Okay lang po ba na ahead of time before the departure?
    Saka anu po requirements para makkuha ng certifatce of tax excemption? Thanks po


    hi!sorry .tama ba na sa airport meron Tieza counter to give us the tax exemption certificate for a 1yr-old child and resuced tax certificate namn for a 3-yr-old child?ang gulo kasi ng CS ng CebPac na nakausap ko. Sbe nya need to go to Makati office pa.Otherwise,Ill pay in full for 2children.

    • admin says:

      Pasensya na po late na ito. Siguro po naka-travel na kayo. Busy po ako sa online job ko. May Tieza counters na po sa lahat ng airports sa PH.

  22. Eugene says:

    Where is your new Tieza office? My come to your Amorsolo office but you already vacated anymore branch of tieza we can go to apply for reduced tax for OFWs dependent, bec. My 12 y/o daughter is going to travel alone this coming Thursday and still weren’t yet finish with it.

  23. angelica says:

    hi im an ofw and my parents are going to visit me in singapore, can they avail the discount?

  24. Gerald says:

    Hello po, is the original marriage certificate signed during the wedding accepted? Or a copy from PSA will only be honored? Also, will the requirements be collected or just needed for show? Please advise ASAP. We will be traveling next month already. Thank you.

    • admin says:

      PSA copy is sufficient. They might photocopy the PSA marriage certificate and passport information pages if you have not brought any with you. At least that was my experience and your mileage may vary.

  25. Noemi Perdido says:

    Hello po. Ask ko lang if entitle kami ng son ko for privilege reduce travel tax. OFW ang husband ko and ang last OEC na issue sa kanya ang last Oct. 2014 pa. Bale sa Taiwan na sya nag renew ng contract nya same employer. di pa siya nagbakasyon ulit sa Pinas until now. Pwde ko bang ipresent sa TIEZA yung OEC nya last 2014?

  26. Maria Janette Gallo De Ramos says:

    Hi, how can we from the province avail this?

  27. Des says:

    Ask ko lang po, if sa airport kna magbabbayad ng travel tax of a child, no need na po kumuha ng reduced travel tax cert.? Tama po ba ko?

  28. Roscoe says:

    If my wife and 2 kids holding OCI cards do they need to pay travel tax or exempted ?

    • admin says:

      If the OCI holder’s stay in the Philippines is less than one year at a time, yes he or she is exempted from paying the travel tax. Based on personal experience, the length of stay is calculated from the date of arrival stamp up to day of departure.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.