Manila Science High School Admission Test Guidelines for SY 2023-2024 : MSAT 2023-2024
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn a small commission. Thank you for your support.
The Manila Science High School has released the admission guidelines for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Big changes are being implemented in this year’s admission process. Apart from the usual requirements, there will be two additional documents required: a Certificate of Residency from the student’s Barangay Office or Homeowners’ Association and a Recommendation Letter from either the Grade 5 or Grade 6 class adviser.
In addition to the pen-and-paper exam, which will comprise 70% of admission score, candidates will also have to undergo a panel interview, which will account for the 30% of the admission score.
As per the memo from the Department of Education’s Division of City Schools – Manila dated 27 December 2022, the MSAT will be conducted face-to-face at Araullo High School since Manila Science High School is under construction.
The following is the text of the announcement posted on the official Facebook account of the Manila Science High School:
MANILA SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSION GUIDELINES S.Y. 2023-2024 (ONSITE EXAMINATION)
- The online application for the Manila Science High School Admission Tests (MSAT) 2023 for incoming Grade 7 students starts on February 20, 2023 and ends on March 24, 2023.
- Applicants will be admitted based on the results of their aptitude test in Mathematics, Science, English, and Filipino and of their performance in a panel interview.
- The two components are the written examination, which is 70% of the total score, and the panel interview, which is the other 30%. The in-depth panel interview measures the applicant’s capacity for leadership, social interaction, and resilience in the face of adversity.
- An incoming Grade 7 applicant must meet the following qualifications:
4.1 A candidate for graduation of any DepEd-recognized elementary school
4.2 Not over 13 years of age on the opening day of the School Year 2023 -2024.
4.3 Must have a percentile grade of at least 85 in Mathematics, Science, and English subjects, and a percentile grade of at least 83 in all other subjects including their subcomponents for the First and Second Grading Period of the School Year 2022-2023 (Percentile grades in the succeeding grading periods lower than the aforementioned grade requirement is ground for disqualification.)
4.4 Possesses good moral character and must be physically and mentally fit.
- The applicants must submit the following requirements at https://tinyurl.com/MSATregistration :
5.1 One (1) Application Form (https://tinyurl.com/MSATapplicationform)
5.2 One (1) Certificate of Residency from their Barangay Office or Homeowners’ Association
5.3 One (1) Recommendation Letter from either Grade 5 or Grade 6 class adviser (https://tinyuri.com/MSATrecommendationletter)
5.4 One (1) scanned copy of the certified true copy (with school dry seal) of their Learner’s Progress Report Card reflecting the First and Second Quarter grades of the SY 2022 – 2023. (Applicants must present a letter from the school if it is implementing the international calendar or trimester.)
5.5 One (1) scanned copy of their original Certificate of Good Moral Character (with school dry seal) signed by the School Principal or Guidance Counselor.
5.6 One (1) copy of ID picture with name tag (Surname, First Name, MI) wearing white collared shirt.
5.7 One (1) scanned copy of their original PSA/NSO birth certificate.
Note: Only those with complete requirements will be entertained by the evaluators.
- The names of applicants who successfully passed the screening phase will be posted on the bulletin board of the school. They will also receive an email.
- The schedule of the examination is May 13, 2023, Saturday, 7:00AM. Applicants are expected to be in the venue thirty (30) minutes before the start of the examination. The room assignments and venue of the examination will be sent to the email of the applicants.
- Examinees must bring two (2) pencils (No. 2), an eraser, and a sharpener.
- Only water and light food like candies or chocolates are allowed inside the examination room.
- Vehicle parking is not allowed inside the examination venue. Parents must arrange for their own parking space prior to examination day to avoid any traffic violation. The school will not be liable for any damage or loss of parked vehicle in the venue.
- The examiners’ School ID or any Identification Card shall be presented to the examiner before the online examination for verification.
- The names of the Top 300 MSAT Qualifiers based on the results of the written examination will be posted on the bulletin board of the school and on the school’s website on JUNE 5, 2023. They will also receive an email with the corresponding date of their face-to-face panel interview.
- Only 250 MSAT Passers will be admitted for enrolment based on the combined scores of the written examination and interview. The remaining qualifiers will be wait-listed.
- MSAT passers must undergo laboratory examination (x-ray, urinalysis, and stool) in any government or private hospital or clinic. Then, they must present the laboratory results to the school clinic for physical examination.
- MSAT passers who fail to enroll within the announced enrolment period will be replaced by those who are next in rank.